· 355 pages · 175 Exhibits · Report #C500
PUBLISHED AUGUST 2016
Executive Summary only:
This report covers surgical and interventional therapeutic procedures commonly used in the management of acute and chronic conditions affecting myocardium and vascular system. The latter include ischemic heart disease (and its life threatening manifestations like AMI, cardiogenic shock, etc.); heart failure; structural heart disorders (valvular abnormalities and congenital heart defects); peripheral artery disease (and limb and life threatening critical limb ischemia); aortic disorders (AAA, TAA and aortic dissections); acute and chronic venous conditions (such as deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and chronic venous insufficiency); neurovascular pathologies associated with high risk of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke (such as cerebral aneurysms and AVMs, and high-grade carotid/intracranial stenosis); and cardiac rhythm disorders (requiring correction with implantable pulse generators/IPG or arrhythmia ablation).
The report offers current assessment and projected procedural dynamics (2015 to 2022) for primary market geographies (e.g., United States, Largest Western European Countries, and Major Asian States) as well as the rest-of-the-world.
The cited procedural assessments and forecasts are based on the systematic analysis of a multiplicity of sources including (but not limited to):
- Latest and historic company SEC filings, corporate presentations, and interviews with product management and marketing staffers;
- Data released by authoritative international institutions (such as OECD and WHO), and national healthcare authorities;
- Statistical updates and clinical practice guidelines from professional medical associations (like AHA, ACC, European Society of Cardiology, etc.);
- Specialty presentations at major professional conferences (e.g., TCT, AHA Scientific Sessions, EuroPCR, etc.);
- Publications in major medical journals (JAMA, NEJM) and specialty magazines (CathLab digest, Endovascular Today, etc.);
- Findings from relevant clinical trials;
- Feedback from leading clinicians (end-users) in the field on device/procedure utilization trends and preferences; and
- Policy papers by major medical insurance carriers on uses of particular surgical and interventional tools and techniques, their medical necessity and reimbursement.
Surgical and Interventional Procedures Covered:
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Lower extremity arterial bypass surgery
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) with and without bare metal and drug-eluting stenting
- Peripheral drug-coated balloon angioplasty
- Peripheral atherectomy
- Surgical and endovascular aortic aneurysm repair
- Vena cava filter placement
- Endovenous ablation
- Mechanical venous thrombectomy
- Venous angioplasty and stenting
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid artery stenting
- Cerebral thrombectomy
- Cerebral aneurysm and AVM surgical clipping
- Cerebral aneurysm and AVM coiling & flow diversion
- Left Atrial Appendage closure
- Heart valve repair and replacement surgery
- Transcatheter valve repair and replacement
- Congenital heart defect repair
- Percutaneous and surgical placement of temporary and permanent mechanical cardiac support devices
- Pacemaker implantation
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator placement
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy device placement
- Standard SVT & VT ablation
- Transcatheter AFib ablation
See the table of contents and list of exhibits at link.
MedMarket Diligence Reports are produced through primary and secondary research. Primary research includes interviews with clinicians, industry representatives, and other stakeholders in the market for their knowledge and insights on product development, market development, clinical practice and trends associated with the evolving use of technologies. Secondary data includes SEC filings; company annual reports; regional, federal, and international datasets; brokerage other investment reports; and other independent market research is used to corroborate and support assessments and projections. Reports are written and researched by industry insiders, whose familiarity with the companies, industry dynamics and other marketplace specifics facilitate the research process and ensure high quality and thorough reports.
Global Dynamics of Surgical and Interventional Cardiovascular Procedures, 2015-2022
Excerpt available upon request
Executive Summary #C500 only:
Or fax yourorder form.
Reports library access is also available through annual contract.
Refund Policy: MedMarket Diligence print products are refundable if returned in salable condition within 30 (thirty) days of purchase date. Electronic products (PDF, online database subscription) are non-refundable; clients are urged to review content on mediligence.com or contact MedMarket Diligence directly via phone or email in advance of purchase to ensure that electronic products will meet customer needs.